Friday, September 19, 2008

Insurance troubles...

So, we thought we had a doctor lined up, not as easy as presumed. I went through a twenty minute interview and with each person I spoke to, I told them what insurance provider we would have in Nov. So, the nurse approved us and said we would be able to schedule the next day. We would be seeing the nurse until the last two visits and then we would be seeing the delivering doctor. They said it would be 445.00 + fees. Not fun. So, we agreed to that. Well I called the next day and tried to schedule an appointment. It was a different receptionist. We went through the same information again and she asked what provider we would have. As soon as I told her, she said I would have to find another doctor's office. I was so upset. She said that they used to deliver at the hospital our provider would allow, but now they deliver at a different hospital. Now we are looking for someone new, it is so frustrating. I was so set on finding out the sex of the baby. Now I have to wait some more. Hmmm...this should teach me patience. The funny thing that came from all this. We assumed that we were about four months along, she asked me questions and then she was all you are half way. I was so stunned, our estimated due date is Feb 10. I am five months, but I am not really showing. I have a semi bump, where you can tell I am a little bigger than usual, but it is not too obvious. Our baby will be here so soon. I hope we are ready. I know Dallas will be a great dad.

2 comments:

Butterfly Kisses said...

Hey chica. Sorry to hear about your insurance trouble. Have you tried Jordan Valley Hospital yet? That's where my OBGYN is. I LOVE her! The one I see is actually a nurse practitioner, not the actual dr., but if you want numbers or something, let me know. Good luck with the whole insurance / dr thing.

The Gunder's from Down Under said...

That is SO frustrating. I'm sorry Brit. =( I hope you can find another doctor really soon so you can find out the sex of the baby and make sure everything is ok. That's crazy that you are half way and still not really showing. I hear that's kind of common for a first baby though. Once you do start showing more, you HAVE to post pictures!!! =) Well i love you and hope all is well and i hope to talk to you SOON!!! xoxo