Wednesday, August 11, 2010

American Idol

So a lot of time has passed, Kelsea is a year and a half on the 16th. Which means that we have been married for two and a half on the 23rd, kind of fun.

This year has brought a lot of up and downs and it is only half through, lol.

I decided last year to myself that I would try out for American Idol and I am surprised that I am actually doing it. Since I was little, someone I trusted told me I was a horrible singer and since then, I never sang alone in public again.

I realize it is all in my head and so I am ready to tackle my fear head on and I am so glad for all the support that everyone has given us! It has been amazing. I have sang for my cousins, sister and family, and all sorts of people. Who knew that maybe I was pretty good at singing.

This whole journey ends or begins hopefully next week on the 19th, I can't wait and I am hoping I get through to the next round. Now all I have left is to choose an outfit. I have two and it has been a pretty hard choice. Ugh, oh well.

I am singing "The Loving Kind" by Girls Aloud or "Umbrella" by Mandy Moore. I like both, but both are so different. Dallas wants me to sing "The Loving Kind", because it shows my range more. I am just nervous, that if I get there and become nervous, that I won't hit the high notes.

Oh well, there is no turning back!! I am ready and I can't wait for it!


No comments: